Godzilla of the Year is given annually to members that race, volunteer, and attend club meetings as defined in the rules listed below.
Annual GOTY Budget:
- The budget for the annual GOTY award will not exceed $10 per paid member as of 31 December of the previous year.
- The maximum amount of an individual award will be $100.
To qualify for the 2013 GOTY award, Metro Tri Club (MTC) members must
- Attend a minimum of five of the monthly MTC meetings (Note: the annual banquet counts as a meeting) and
Participate as a "volunteer" at a minimum of three of the following events:
- Miles for Meso
- Tracks & Treads
- Route 66 10K Run (as part of the MTC Water Stop)
- Pere Marquette Endurance Trail Run
- Cyclocross events (can count a maximum of one)
- GORC Work Days (can count a maximum of one)
Complete a minimum of ten of the races listed below, with at least five being multi-sport races.
Note: You also must wear some kind of "Zillawear" sometime at each of the ten races - either before the race, while you are racing or after the race while you are waiting to pick up your award!
- To count as a "multi-sport" race, MTC members must compete in two or more of the events.
- Any completed "full" ironman during the year will satisfy all ten race requirements.
- Any completed "half" ironman during the year will satisfy three multi-sport race requirements (Note: Members may use a maximum of two half ironman races per year):
|Castlewood Cup||Trail Run||02/23||Valley Park, MO|
|Challenge of the Bluffs||Run||March??||Alton, IL|
|Quivering Quads Half||Trail Run||03/10||Troy, MO|
|St. Patrick’s Day||Run||03/16||St. Louis, MO|
|McKendree Ramble into Spring||Run||03/23||Lebanon, IL|
|USMS Ozark Championships||Swim||March ??||St. Charles, MO|
|Tracks & Treads||Off-Road Biathlon||04/06||SIUE-Edwardsville|
|Go!St. Louis Marathon/Half||Run||04/07||St. Louis, MO|
|Escape to the Bluffs||Triathlon||05/11||Principia, IL|
|Conquer Castlewood||Adventure Race||May ??||Valley Park, MO|
|Try Tri||Triathlon (long sprint only)||May ??||SIU-Edwardsville|
|YMCA Half||Run||June ??||Collinsville/Maryville, IL|
|USMS Potosi (1/2-Mile Swim)||Swim||June ??||Potosi, MO|
|Urban Assault||Adventure Race||June ??||St. Louis, MO|
|Goomna||Adventure Race||June||Highland, IL|
|Route 66||Run||06/08||Edwardsville, IL|
|Mud Mountain||Trail Run||July||SIUE-Edwardsville|
|South County||Triathlon||July||St. Louis, MO|
|Tour De Donut||Bike||July||Staunton, IL|
|Greenville||Triathlon Series||July||Greenville, IL|
|Alligator Creek||Triathlon||August||O’Fallon, MO|
|Wood River||Triathlon||08/10||Wood River, IL|
|Lake St. Louis||Triathlons||August||Lake St. Louis, MO|
|Geocomfort||Triathlon Series||August||Keyesport, IL|
|Belleville YMCA||Triathlon||September||Belleville, IL|
|Edwardsville Criterium||Bike||September||Edwardsville, IL|
|Up-a-Creek||Creek Run||September||SIU-Edwardsville, IL|
|Litchfield||Triathlon Series||September||Litchfield, IL|
|Super Prestige Cyclocross||Off-Road Bike Series||Sep/Oct||Alton, IL|
|Rock & Roll Marathon/Half||Run||October||St. Louis, MO|
|New Baden||Biathlon||October||New Baden, IL|
|Apple Days||Biathlon||October||Greenville, IL|
|River Road||Run||November||Alton, IL|
|Castlewood 8-hour||Adventure Race||December||Valley Park, MO|
|Pere Marquette||Trail Run||12/14||Pere Marquette State Park, IL|
|SIUE Half||Half Marathon||??||SIU-Edwardsville|